Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

My Opinion about Game gear!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Sega Game Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject:  My Opinion about Game gear! Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
well this is the first post in this forum.. I wanted to say my opinions about the Game Gear! I bought one a few years back off ebay. I wanted a portable game unit that i could bring with me when i go to the doctors and stuff. So i found one on ebay with a Sonic Game!

Well first off the game was kewl just like the Console game hehe.. but the thign i didnt like about the game gear was that well aside from the white line that ran down the left side of the screen,(which was a hardware problem could have been the reason why the seller was selling it).. but the screen itself was hard to see (that was a design flaw). You had to like angle it just to get a good picture. The contrast/ or brightness knob (what ever it was) had no effect all it did was just make the screen completely WHITE or completely BLACK. Either way it didnt make the picture better.

The sound was ok.. and the controls were easy to work with, it wasnt so crampy. The batterys never lasted long in it that was another thing it had agaisnt it.

Needless to say.. I wasnt happy with it. So i never bought any more games for it!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Yeah, I call it Lame Gear. More of a collectors system that a daily play system. Yahoo for the DS, best portable system ever! Mike : )

Other Handhelds that were Excellent back in the day:

Turbo Express
Sega Nomad

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Yeah The NOMAD... i was goign to get that first... cause my son still had his SEGA GENESIS here and i was going to get the Nomad cause he had a lot of Genesis carts... but then when he moved to his moms.. the genesis game was gone!.. Sad so then i didnt think it would have been worth it to get the Nomad cause i didnt have the carts anymore! hehe!

Thats why i thought to get the Game Gear.. but you are right it is more of a collectors item then a daily game machine!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
DS is the best portable system Smile The nomad is pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
blackart
Guardian
Guardian

1776 Tokens

Items:
Nintendo DS is the best ive seen so far.Game gear was really sweet back in the day though.I remember playing that thing at camp grounds when i was a kid.Its like...PITCH black at night out there,and it makes a surprisingly good flashlight.(heh)
Another redeeming feature about it was you could hook up a sega a/c to save spending like 30.00 bucks on batteries every week.
It had some pretty good sega titles too,like shinobi and streets of rage.

patches/lasrblst patches/pitfall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Sega Game Gear All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: