FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

DOOM 3 : Collector's Edition! for XBOX!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Good! DOOM 3 : Collector's Edition! for XBOX! Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
OK so i will do a review later for this game but this is a quick post to give a brief summory about my reactions with it. hehe

The game is dark.. i have to say that.. I have played trought it like 3 times already so I knew what to expect. But this last time I played it was just during these past couple weeks. It has been quite a while before that since i played it so alot of the stuff was like refreshing as i went along.

The game still gave me anxiety attacks, even tho i knew what was going to happen. Just that being so dark and you have to switch between flash light and gun all the time makes it hard. I mean dont the marines know you can put a light on your gun?! that would have been the way to go! They put thier lights on thier guns in the movies hehe!

And the levels are so closed in like narrow and alot of high spots too. And the high spots I have a fear of heights in real life.. so it does have effects on me hehe!

But the game is killer.. the creatures and the level design are so relistic! I think if you were to get any for the xbox.. the collectors edition is the way to go. The DOOM classics are on there. and also some video interviews and stuff which makes it kewl! Smile

Now i heard that the DOOM 3 RISE Of the RESURRECTION is a continuation of the first DOOM 3 But made by a different company?! I also heard that is has gun with light on it .... i havent gotten that one yet but i hope to soon!

DOOM 3 IS KILLER!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Oh yeah.. there is a book called MAKING OF DOOM 3. It is a definately the book for the DOOM fans. IT is way kewl. Alot of kewl pictures and interviews and the original story line! Smile

Dog

PS..Hey doode thanx man!!!!!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56780 Tokens

Items:
Doom Rules. I have the demo version of the original on my XBOX360 Live. I'll probably get the full version one of these days. Too many games to play. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
You mean the Demo version of DOOM 3? or the orginal DOOM classic?!

I completed DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil, it was much shorter game and basically it is the same feel.. there is some new stuff.. like in the openeinglevel you have to go up a little elevator lift.. and then the LIFT stops ... then one of them NEW type LOST SOULS flys by your head and you get knocked off.. and supposed to die.. but i landed on the lift just below the list i was on.. and i had to jump back down to the main bridge.. and then i couldnt restart the lift.. hehehe so i had to restart the level...

DoOM 3 is dark.. and basically the whole game is like a FUNHOUSE feel.. where you walk in a dark room and the creatures come out attack you.. it does get repetitive but the game is still kewl never the less.. both DOOM 3 games!...

I like the ay they used HIGH polygon models to make thier skins and then they used them skins on LOWER polygon models to conserve processing power.. and yet it makes the models look so detailed... :O)

I got that information from that BOOK about BEHIND the SCENES .. the making of DOOM 3!! killer book! :O)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Good! Re: DOOM 3 : Collector's Edition! for XBOX! Reply with quote
Dennis
Civilian
Civilian

429 Tokens

Items:
admin wrote:
OK so i will do a review later for this game but this is a quick post to give a brief summory about my reactions with it. hehe

The game is dark.. i have to say that.. I have played trought it like 3 times already so I knew what to expect. But this last time I played it was just during these past couple weeks. It has been quite a while before that since i played it so alot of the stuff was like refreshing as i went along.

The game still gave me anxiety attacks, even tho i knew what was going to happen. Just that being so dark and you have to switch between flash light and gun all the time makes it hard. I mean dont the marines know you can put a light on your gun?! that would have been the way to go! They put thier lights on thier guns in the movies hehe!

And the levels are so closed in like narrow and alot of high spots too. And the high spots I have a fear of heights in real life.. so it does have effects on me hehe!

But the game is killer.. the creatures and the level design are so relistic! I think if you were to get any for the xbox.. the collectors edition is the way to go. The DOOM classics are on there. and also some video interviews and stuff which makes it kewl! Smile

Now i heard that the DOOM 3 RISE Of the RESURRECTION is a continuation of the first DOOM 3 But made by a different company?! I also heard that is has gun with light on it .... i havent gotten that one yet but i hope to soon!

DOOM 3 IS KILLER!
Found DOOM 3 at our pawn shop. It's got like the first and second DOOM on this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
blackart
Guardian
Guardian

1776 Tokens

Items:
Yea that one was great.Remember the old no clipping code for the computer? idspispopd - Woot for the old days lol.
3 i found kinda difficult,i was still new to shooters of the new age then.Now i would prolly breeze through it.Dead Space 1 & 2 had a similar feel.
(Me) Is that a Steam Demon? (My friend) Yea!Keel eet!!
(Me) Break out the BFG! (5 seconds of charging later the screen is empty of monsters)
Ah good times.... Twisted Evil
@ Mike - I still have the demo 3 1/4 floppy and the full game for the old 386 in a shoebox somewhere.I'll bring it by if i find it. Smile

patches/lasrblst patches/pitfall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: