Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

My first game system!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Intellivision
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject:  My first game system! Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
I am goignto start the ball rolling on the intellivision forum here. Back when i was still in school.. my father would go to Ames deptstore and play the Intellivision game demo system!.. He loved the skiing one cause he loved the way the guy would fall down hehe!

well i was in the army reservs back then.. and i was earnign money.. so i bought the SEARS version of it.. well i had to talk my "Parents" into letting me get it but i had to pay them money to let me get it..

so i got it..and my first game was the skiing.. well of course their was a game that came with it.. Blackjack/poker hehe that was fun!.. but then my parents wouldnt let me hook it to the tv to play so it bummed me out..

After moving on my own (shortly after) thats when i went hog wild and bought all the games i could find for it at that time.. i have like 30 games.. i could name some.. SUB HUNT, SPACE ARMADA, SPACE HAWK SKIING, man there was alot of them and being long time ago.. i cant remeber the names.

But then I had to sell it.. i was sad.. Sad it was my first ever game system.. oh well but then i got married.. young and stupid as i was.. but i did have a son out of it.. but then i bought the Atari 2600 and then i REALLY WENT HOG WILD heheh i bought games and games and games. and i had like 100s of them.. i was buying them at AMES for like 5bucks each

but getting back to the intellivision.. that was one system that has truly sentimental values to me.. and with the xbox version Intellivision LIVES.. which was mentioned somewhere in another post on here.. to me it is kinda one of them relases that brings back them memorys!

even tho "I.L." isjust basically a Emulator running on another console.. you can tell the differences in game play even tho it has been many years since i played the REAL intellvision console, but then again being that long i could have forgotten how it played!! hehe being spoiled on the new game techology since! Smile hehe

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
When we were kids, my buddy had an Intellivision. I always thought it was the snobby mans Atari.
I certainly did not like the controller and preferred the Atari's large collection of games much more than the Intellivision.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
well the controllers wasnt that bad but that was back then when you never really had alot of different controllers to work with!

One thing i noticed is that some of the games that were on the intellvision like armor battle.. and the baseball.. which i had them too.. was made for the atari 2600 later hehehe.. so really. you can still gown an atari and get the intellivision fun! hehe

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
WGCL98
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

2328 Tokens

Items:
My memory of Intellivision:

Turning on "The New" Channel 61 and seing Candy Kramer (some bimbo blonde, with WAY too much eye liner) and hearing kids yell "POW! POW! POW! at the top of there lungs. Fuuny that some guy would sit off screen and hit a button whenever they said it, but they thought the louder they yelled the more points they got.

I found one in the garbage with the voice module and a few games at my old appartment. Still have it somewhere....

patches/prescook patches/dragster patches/barnstrm patches/freeway patches/stampede patches/tennis
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
I remember that "POW" TV Game Show, is that also what is was called? I thought it was corny even back then. Mie : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
delmoko
Civilian
Civilian

436 Tokens

Items:
The first D&D for Intellivison was the best game on the system if you ask me. So awesome. I still break it out a few times a year. The one real downfall of the Intellvision was the buttons. They really should have been SPRING LOADED, kinda like the colecovision. I have suction cup type joystick add ons that stick on the controller disc and really really helps with it's playability, but the buttons just plain suck. Its a shame, cuz with spring loaded buttons, a lot of the games would be so much more playable!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Hey delmoko, though i never played the D&D for the intellivision, i knwo what you mean about the buttons.. it was a long time ago since i had one..so my memory is kinda vague on the side buttons i have a faint memory of them getting stuck in the in position and i would have to take them apart to pop them back out.. I think that WAS the intellvision game controllers that did that....i also had the sears version of the console so that could have been a why as well.

I do remeber i bought a couple of them stick on (not sucktion cups like the one you were mentioning).. they looked like little PAWN CHESS peices.. kinda like.. where you peel thepaper of the bottom and stick them on the controller disks.. they did help greatly.. but they lost its sticky ness after a while if i recalled heheh

I miss that old machine.. but NOT enought to buy a nother one hehehe i have the games on a Intelevision LIVES XBOX game so thats kewl i dont miss it that much hehe!!.. :O)

delmoko wrote:
The first D&D for Intellivison was the best game on the system if you ask me. So awesome. I still break it out a few times a year. The one real downfall of the Intellvision was the buttons. They really should have been SPRING LOADED, kinda like the colecovision. I have suction cup type joystick add ons that stick on the controller disc and really really helps with it's playability, but the buttons just plain suck. Its a shame, cuz with spring loaded buttons, a lot of the games would be so much more playable!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
My first game system was an Odyssey 2000. It was red. My brother won it at some Halloween party from the city we lived in. We were in awe. We played that thing like there was no tomorrow. I played it, played against myself, and just marveled at the futuristic technology that we had.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Intellivision All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: